Jeff Ruby cites reasoning for pulling $25K reward in family massacre
CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Jeff Ruby revoked a cash reward for details leading to the conviction of the killer or killers in the Pike County massacre earlier this week and has now announced why.
The Cincinnati restaurateur offered up the $25,000 reward last Saturday – one day after the shooting deaths of eight members of the Rhoden family.
Ruby originally cited "complex criminal developments" as the reason for withdrawing his reward and involvement.
He tweeted Friday that he did not want to attach his family name to the case by chance the cartel is involved.
On Monday, Ruby visited the area where bodies of seven adults and a teenage boy were found in four homes along the rural road.
"I care. I give, and I love, and I want you to know that we're going to do what we can to try to find who did this to your family members," Ruby said at the scene Monday.
Several commercial marijuana growing operations were found on the Rhoden property. Authorities said it isn't clear if the operation is connected with the murders.
More than 30 people have been interviewed, but authorities have not made an arrest or released a specific motive.
Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.