Cincinnati's newest food truck debuts by helping homeless
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Chicken Mac Truck is embarking on a five day tour.
They teamed up with Rhinegeist Brewery to kick things off there.
A portion of the truck's proceeds will support Cincinnati's Fall Feast, which provides Thanksgiving meals, coats, and supplies to thousands of homeless families each year.
Fall Feast is held at the Duke Energy Center on Thanksgiving Day. The food truck will also accept coats and toiletry donations at each stop during the tour.
Chicken Mac Truck specializes in slow-simmered chicken over creamy mac n' cheese. The dish was a hit recently at Bunbury, with more than 2,500 bowls served.
City Tour Schedule
- June 30 – Rhinegeist Brewery in Over-the-Rhine 6 to 9 p.m.
- July 1 – Food Truck Friday in West Chester (9075 Centre Pointe Dr.) 11a.m. to 1 p.m.
- July 2 – Fourth of July Jam in Washington Park 3 to 10p.m.
- July 3 – Red Rhythm and Boom at Mason Municipal Campus – 4 to 10 p.m.
- July 4 – Concert and Fireworks at RiversEdge in Hamilton – 3 to 10 p.m.
- Bourbon Chicken Mac: Slow-cooked chicken in a slightly sweet butter-hoisin sauce.
- Zesty Chicken Mac: Beer-stewed chicken with garlic, olive oil, tomatoes and spices.
- Spicy Chicken Mac: (GF): Slow-cooked chicken in a spicy tomato sauce with garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac: Chicken, celery and onion cooked in buffalo sauce, topped with blue cheese.
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Mac: Slow-simmered chicken in red sriracha sauce with fresh honey, garlic and cilantro.
- Veggie Corn Stew (V)(GF): Corn, stewed tomatoes, onions and black beans in a sweet and spicy butter sauce.
Copyright 2016 WXIX. All rights reserved.