CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - After a year of planning, intensive design work and thorough probing and analysis by preservation architects, the real construction work on Union Terminal is underway.
The restoration of Union Terminal requires a keen understanding of science, technology, engineering, mathematics and history as modern construction and engineering techniques blend with early 20th century materials and design to save iconic Union Terminal.
What to expect when visiting Union Terminal in October
- The front entrance drop off zone has been reconfigured due to scaffolding on the exterior of the building. The new drop off and pick up zone is at the bottom of the fountain. This area is not be covered.
- The parking lot on the north side of the building will be available for guest parking. There will be new handicapped spots in this lot.
- The temporary lobby construction is complete. You will be able to see the Rotunda for a period of time but must stay on the carpeted area in the front of the Rotunda. You will continue to purchase your tickets at our box office in the same location.
- Restrooms will be available in the Duke Energy Children’s Museum and outside the entrance of the Special Exhibit Gallery.
- Both the escalators and large elevator that lead down to the Duke Energy Children’s Museum and Special Exhibit Gallery will continue to be available for guests.
- Wheelchairs and strollers will be available for rent.
- 'There will be food service available on the lower level with limited grab-and-go options.