Recipe: Durango burger
FOX19 - Here is a recipe for Durango burgers from Firebirds Wood Fired Grill.
1 – 8 oz. Ground Chuck hamburger patty
Butter as needed
1 Tbsp. – Firebirds Chile Rub (combination of ancho Chile powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, sugar and salt)
1/2 Cup – Onion Straws, fried
Roasted Garlic Ranch Dressing (we make ours in house, but you can use your favorite store bought or homemade version)
1 – Slice, Pepper Jack Cheese
1/2 Cup – Lettuce, shredded
1 – Tomato slice
4 – Pickle chips
1. Preheat grill to medium high heat
2. Assemble and season the burger patty liberally on both sides with Chile rub
3. Grill the burger patty to desired temperature, top with pepper jack cheese and grill until melted
4. While the burger is grilling, butter both sides of the hamburger buns and toast on the grill until golden brown
5. Place the grilled burger patty on the bottom bun and top with pickles, onion straws, and a drizzle of roasted garlic ranch dressing. Put it all together with shredded lettuce and tomato
6. This may be the best burger that you ever had!
Copyright 2017 WXIX. All rights reserved.