Explosion, fire reported at warehouse in Boone County
BOONE COUNTY, KY (FOX19) - Hebron fire officials said a company expects to have a stop on production for a day or so after a fire Thursday afternoon.
According to dispatch, the incident happened at Close the Loop in the 2000 block of Meridian Place.
The company is an Australian-based company that recycles toner cartridges.
A company representative said a piece of metal sparked, creating a flash fire inside the building.
They said their back-up safety systems worked by containing the flames, but it might have startled neighbors because it made a big booming noise when it sparked.
"Sounded probably a lot worse than it was, with the black smoke coming out, I don't doubt it looked a lot worse than it was," Rob Perry-Jones said. "Safety systems on the equipment and internally worked wonderfully, everybody was out quickly. nobody injured - not even a scratch."
Authorities said no injuries were reported.
Little damage was done to the warehouse.
Copyright 2018 WXIX. All rights reserved.