WINTON HILLS, OH (FOX19) - Two workers were hospitalized Sunday when a storage container caught fire at a manufacturing facility in Winton Hills, according to the Cincinnati Fire Department.
Several firefighters responded to 5366 Este Ave. starting at 1:13 p.m., fire officials said in a news release.
As crews were en route, they received reports that the workers were trapped on a crane on fire. They found two workers lying on the ground next to a burning storage container, the release states.
Firefighters quickly removed the victims from the threat while using hose lines to protect the rescuers and victims.
The victims were able to identify the product in the containers to not be reactive with water. Firefighters said they extinguished the blaze, containing it to the storage container.
The cause of the fire was declared accidental.
It appears to have started by the workers welding and sparks igniting the insulation on the storage tank, fire officials said.
An investigation remains ongoing.
Damage was set at $10,000.