Officials: Couple charged with abusing 8 kids including disabled child
DEARBORN COUNTY, IN (FOX19) - An Indiana couple is facing charges for injuring children, ranging in age from 2 years old to 8 years old, and have been ordered to stay away from them.
Documents say one of the children was disabled.
Dearborn County Prosecutor Lynne Deddens said eight children were in the home at the time of the incidents; four foster children, one adopted child, and three children that the couple was babysitting.
Deddens says these crimes are nothing short of horrific.
Timothy Combs, 59, is facing multiple charges of:
- Aggravated battery that causes serious permanent disfigurement
- Domestic battery against a disabled person with bodily injury
- Battery resulting in bodily injury of a person under 14 years old
- Domestic battery committed in the presence of a child younger than 16 years old.
Diane Combs, 55, is facing multiple charges of:
- Aggravated battery and knowingly inflicting injury that creates a substantial risk of death
- Domestic battery against a disabled person causing bodily injury
- Domestic battery with bodily injury to a person under 14 years old
- Battery on a child
- Domestic battery by bodily waste
- Battery by bodily waste when the victim is 14 years old, strangulation
- Sexual battery.
Officials say one of the children filmed video of the Combs' hurting another child. That child showed a person the video and the person called the sheriff's department.
The video is not being released while the case is underway, but the prosecutor is released two photos saying they both show a naked 6-year-old boy standing next to Combs with a soiled diaper in his mouth.
"The 6-year-old goes up to Diane, who is seated in the recliner, she touches the 6-year-old's bottom and proceeds to slap him with force causing him to fall the floor crying. Diane tells the 6-year-old to get over here, so the 6-year-old is then standing in front of Diane and then a slap is heard with Diane saying, 'don't touch my mother f****** leg. I'm going to choke the s*** out of you b******,'" Deddens said.
Documents say the incidents happened between December 2016 and July 2018.
The prosecutor said the couple have been foster parents since 2014 and have had 38 children under their care.
The Combs' appeared in court Tuesday where a judge ordered a $100,000 bond. Both remain behind bars.
The next court appearance for both is scheduled for Oct. 15.
Copyright 2018 WXIX. All rights reserved.