Beer Cheese Dip
● 2 tbsp salted butter
● 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
● 3/4 cup milk
● 1/2 cup Braxton beer of your choice
● 1 tsp Dijon mustard
● 1/4 tsp garlic powder
● 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
● 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in 2 tbsp of milk until smooth. Then whisk in 2 more tbsp. Add in ¼ cup of milk and whisk until smooth, followed by the final ¼ cup of milk.
3. Stir in the beer, Dijon, garlic powder, and cayenne. Return the pan to medium heat and stir until thick and bubbling, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add the cheese slowly while whisking to combine.
5. Serve with Mikesell's potato chips and Southern Recipe Small Batch pork rinds for dipping.
After a summer of soaring travel prices, overcrowded airports and delays, travel expert Jeanenne Tornatore says we should be looking ahead to fall -- a "shoulder season" and much more affordable time to travel.
She joins us today to reveal the intel you need for taking advantage of autumn's best destinations.