childhood trauma expert and psychologist, Dr. Melissa Goldberg Mintz
• Definitions of Trauma: What it is and how to identify if children have experienced a traumatic event.
• Developing Parent-Child Relationships: How warm, nurturing care from a parent and/or caregiver can aid in children's healing and excellence.
• Specific Parental Tools for Support: How to validate children's feelings by paying attention, providing accurate reflections, active listening, spending quality time together, providing praise and reassurance, and more.
• PTSD, separation anxiety at the beginning of school, child sex abuse prevention, and mental health and COVID-19.
Coppin's Bar & Restaurant at Hotel Covington will host a Valentine's Day dinner for couples to come together to celebrate their love with an eloquent dinner for two. Dinner will include a prix-fixe meal, including a starter, entrée, and dessert, plus a champagne toast and pair of macarons per couple to enjoy at home.
Mitchell Wetenkamp cocktail concoction, the Old Rosebud, is the perfect pink cocktail that is perfect to celebrate the special person in your life.
Throw A Super Bowl Feast Without Breaking the Budget
- Stick to a basic entrée; chicken strips or traditional wings
- Avoid buying plastic silverware and just serve finger food; wings, cheese curds or pizza.
- Throw A Potluck; take the financial burden off yourself and ask each guest to bring a dish to pass. Be the Most Valuable Guest and bring an Instagram-worthy Toppers Pizza and shareable
- BYOB; don't stress beverages when guests can bring their desired type and amount of drinks
NEED A FUN, NEW IDEA FOR VALENTINE'S DAY OR DATE NIGHT? Try A Couple's Massage Class At Deep Tissue Diva
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and Angela Johnson LMT, owner of Deep Tissue Diva, LLC has created the perfect couples gift that will keep on giving for years to come!
"The full body techniques that I will teach you may be used at home, and you don't need a massage table or any fancy equipment. I can accommodate one couple at a time in my office, or travel to your location, where I can accommodate up to four couples at a time. Whether in my office or at a remote location, I set up the space to be intimate and relaxing with rose petals, ambient music and candles."
The cost for this two-hour-class is $275.00 per couple, and a few of the multiple benefits include:
-Increased bonding and communication between partners
-Techniques to give a proper massage without hurting your hands or back
-Access to ongoing support with any follow-up questions
-A digital tip sheet to reinforce the techniques that were learned,
along with suggestions for setting up the room, music, etc.
-A bottle of wine and chocolates for each couple
For more information or to register for this class, call 513-319-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Says Johnson, "Would you like for your partner to give you a massage for longer than 2 minutes? Would you like to give your partner a massage that won't make your hands or back hurt? Have you run out of gift ideas for Valentine's Day? Give me just two hours of your time and I will have your partner melting into the palms of your hands as teach the two of you to learn how to give a better massage and communicate through touch!"